10/06/2008 04:03:00 PM

(0) Comments

Eagles 2008 Season Log: Week 5, WTF?



Another must-win game, another loss by the Eagles. WTF can I say? I'm tired of the disappointment, the inconsistency, being outcoached, the emotional highs and lows, and most importantly, of the losing.

After a miserable road game loss to the Bears the previous week, one would think that the Eagles would've come out with a better effort than they did in their 23-17 loss to the Redskins yesterday. One would think, but apparently none of the Eagles coaches or veteran leaders thought.

In their two wins against the Rams and the Steelers, and in their loss to the Cowboys, the Eagles looked like they were the real deal. In their last two losses, however, the Eagles looked unmotivated, hurt, and poorly coached. I shouldn't be saying those things about a team that's been to 4 NFC title games, and a Super Bowl, this decade. They should know how to win a tough game on the road, protect a 2 TD lead at home against a division foe, and stop what by all accounts is a middle-of-the-road offense.

Typically, Philly fans unload their frustrations after a loss on McNabb, but he doesn't deserve the blame in this game. The D couldn't stop the Skins at all, our WRs dropped some key passes, and we had no running attack. That's why we lost--nothing else. I'd of course love to see Donovan lead the team to a victory in the 4th quarter, but those days might be long gone for Donovan. I don't know.

Like I said, I don't pin this loss on McNabb at all. But I'm beginning to lose faith. He needs to put this team on his shoulders like he used to do, and figure out a way to win. Instead, he looks so goddamn nonchalant all the time, and it rubs off on the rest of his teammates. Maybe it comes from Andy Reid? Again, I don't know.

We're 5 weeks into what I thought was a very promising season, and the Eagles are a long shot to make the playoffs. I don't give a shit that the Phillies made the NLCS. Philly is an Eagles town, and I bleed green. Next week, we have the Niners on the road. The last time the team travelled to SF, my wife's water broke and I didn't get to use the tickets I had. They kicked some ass that day though. I'm not sure if I'd even take free tickets to this game, cause they'll probably lose and I'll be out the $40 parking fee and whatever I drop on food and beer.

Bunk. That's all I have to say.
0 Responses to "Eagles 2008 Season Log: Week 5, WTF?"